Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New strings

On Monday I went to Gottschalks music (where I bought my Taylor) so they could check out my guitar because I've been having problems with my top bridge pin popping out. The guy acted like I was stupid and said that the strings I use are just too thick for the holes.....(I've used this brand of strings for as long as I have played guitar). Sooooooo, yesterday I bought the strings that he said were so amazing. I put them on today and they come in a bright gold package so I automatically thought that the jerk at Gottschalks lied to me. As it turns out, they are really bright sounding but I think it will be ok. They were $15 which is a lot because the strings I have always used are good strings and about $7. The guy at GuitarCenter said that they would last a long time so I'm taking his word for it.

I had been looking at bedspreads earlier yesterday before GuitarCenter and decided to go to Macy's because it was pretty close. I forgot where Macy's was and took Blackstone all the way to Clinton looking for it... yeah I felt dumb because Macy's is just at Fashipon Fair...on Shaw. But I did get to see a part of Fresno that I had never seen before...:). I've never been to Sound Stage so when I saw it, I went in to check it out. Yeah, it's kind of just a bunch of old men talking about the "good 'ol days". I've been looking at wireless systems for my guitar. Matt just got one and I'm kind of jealous so I thought I'd try to find one. Basically I either need to get the $380 one or not at all because the other ones are just not good....so I'm saving up. :)

At GuitarCenter I also got to play some other nice acoustic guitars. I played a couple of Taylors (I love Taylors) and tried some Gibsons, but for some reason they sounded terrible and looked like they Elmer's glued two plastic parts together and are selling them for $2000 and up. I thought Gibson acoustics were really good. Like in August Rush. That guitar sounded AMAZING! Why were they so bad at GuitarCenter? I don't know.... I was just disapointed :(

P.S. I chose this lovely goldish-yellow to represent the gold package for my new Ernie Ball strings... hee hee :)

Note: I would like you all to notice that I added "Sadie Hawkins Dance" by Relient K to my playlist.... that's for Holly Borror, my fighting buddy at Stram Camp

(nobody knows who she is....she's an old friend from the club...we fought a lot...hee hee)

2 comments:

INTeJer said...

i've never heard of Ernie Ball strings... weird. Andrew P always bought elixirs. when he got his new guitar, he got the bronze-ish colored ones and they looked and sounded really good.

what brand had you always used before?

Danica said...

I've always used Martin SP, but those strings made my bridge pins pop out. Ernie Ball strings are usually for electric, but these are new. I like elixers but they are a little to bright for me, but these are bright too.