Friday, June 6, 2008

2nd blog

Well, for my second blog as Manica you get to read me vent:

Why is it that teenagers who have family who are strong Christian leaders get to do whatever they want and not be accountable for their actions. I don't get it. I work so hard to follow Christ and set an example for unbelievers (and believers), but everybody else gets to do what they want and not take responsibility for it. No one seems to care if they are living in sin, just as long as their parents are leaders in the church they have to be good kids. The obvious response to my dilema is "I just need to love them, like Christ loves them" and that's fine. I believe I need to show love to them too, but what if everyone is just denying that there is a problem? Because we all know there is a problem. When a person who professes to know God doesn't live like it there is a problem. And when you hear the same disgusting jokes at church that you hear at school.....what?!?! That's unacceptable. Sorry, but it is. I might sound like I just think that I'm better than anyone else is, but I DO NOT! I really dont. I've gone through this before. I just try to follow Christ and the Bible says that I need to live like Christ and Christ never spit out disgusting disrespectful jokes, used His Father's name in vain, or did things just to be cool. Let's just set the record straight: I don't think I'm better than anyone because I'm not. I sin just as much as everybody else does. Mine usually just isn't so out in the open. I just feel like I'm the only person my age who even tries to act like Christ. Why can't I name one person my age who doesn't really care about what people think of them being a Christian andacting like it? Are we all just too scared to say anything? That's what I did when I had this problem in '07 and now not one of the people I hung out with will talk to me. And one of them was my best friend. And everyone's parents don't seem to mind who their kids hang out with as long as they're not in jail.

Can I have an opinon? What do you think because I'm obviously not understanding if there really isn't a problem...?

There you go... my first online vent of '08.

1 comment:

INTeJer said...

you sound like the Psalms. "why do the evil prosper? why do the righteous suffer? am i the only one here who strives to be blameless?"

i'm pretty sure sexuality is the most ruined aspect of humanity, currently. of all the good things God created, that's probly the one most in need of redemption. if i could speak to teenagers (ones that listen) about anything, i'd speak about sexuality and how, if our physical health reflected society's sexual health, we'd all be zombies shuffling around and losing chunks of our limbs and spreading disease to everyone.