Tuesday, July 1, 2008

better...

I think things are getting better this week.

I talked to Orlando and Paula last night and I guess I always thought that I only connected with younger leaders at a youth group, but they are so wise. They're teaching me to listen. Orlando is so simple, I mean he just takes things one at a time and deals with them with prayer and lots of thought. And especially both of them together, I can tell that they really do care. It was encouraging.

Then I had a staff meeting this morning. It was Paul, Glenda, Cameron and me and we reordered service and talked about priorities and stuff. I love that even though I'm young, they still listen to me and my opinions are valuable to them. I'm really excited about where the church is going and what is going to happen. They had a birthday celebration on Sunday night and I didn't get to hear all the stuff, but my dad said that the "vision" is going to be really cool.

But my mom said that we aren't going to CIY this year... I am soooo sad. I love CIY. But I guess I'll save $400.

ok enough for now...

2 comments:

Lito said...

Oh Danica, I had so much fun reading through your blog and I still have more to read. I laughed about your fighting buddy Holly from back in the Club. Ha HA good old Stram Camp. I did recently tell Gregg about Stram Camp because I heard you guys can't make it to CIY. I'm sorry about that. But God will bless you so now fears. But it's the Summer Stram it's a lot different than the Northen one you've been to, but Don Hargis (MY Mentor and the Pastor who married Tiff and I still runs it) HE's my Spiritual Yoda. You know what I'm saying. I also am so proud of you. Being in those meetings with Cameron and Glenda doing church staff stuff good job. Your getting experince only few will ever get before college. I see myself in you right now. Just a few years ago I was being let into those meetings at church when I was some punk that just loved Jesus and didn't know what to do with all my excitement. It is true I won't be coming to Fresno this summer Tiff and I are in Memphis, Tn I'm working with a youth group and loving it. But it's just a summer thing before you know it I'll be back in Fresno and I want to go out to dinner with your family or you Tiff and I go out for Starbucks. (I never have Starbucks when I'm away from Cali it's wierd.) Also Did I read you got a Taylor I'm so jealous I love Taylors I think they sound so good to sing with it. But I do love my Takamine so I shouldn't complain. Remember to ask so musician friends about guitar strings not the store guys they usually just want to make a sell. If you have questions I'll call my musician friends because sometimes your on a budget and can't afford expensive strings one month just thought I'd help. My number is the same call me anytime I would love to hear from you and your dad tell him he can call me when he gets bored, I talk to Greg, Mike T., and Cam all the time but I miss hearing from him. Well talk soon I know this was alot but that's what I do I love people. PEace out girl keep serving the King!!! p.s. If you decide to go into worship ministry consider Ozark just a thought.

Lito said...

P.S. I'm glad I'm one of your favortie sites.